Friday, October 16, 2009

Never Failing!


So the other day I was overcome with emotion. Great sobs came over me. I felt like I was a failure. I was failing my children, because once again, I was cooking them Kraft Dinner for dinner.


I was crying in my mind, "I should be making vegetables, stew, potatoes. This isn't right! This isn't what a mother does!" Honestly believing I was harming my children.


Immediately, Holy Spirit spoke and whispered sweetness that I needed to hear.


It wasn't enough. I cried out, "I'm failing them!"


Again, instantly Papa spoke in a firm but compassionate voice ... a voice only Papa can use ... and said, "I WILL NOT!"


I know we all have areas in our lives where we feel like a failure. The great thing is ... HE IS NOT!


I WILL NOT FAIL YOU!


I pray that this will resonate through you to your very core.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Honey;

    Sounds like you didn't have a great week. I'm sorry. And I am praying for you and all those you love.

    May I also suggest that:

    "No, life often isn't fair! Good people suffer while bad ones prosper wearing their haughtiness like a designer suit & their pride like an expensive tie or necklace. Nonetheless, God has promised you at http://is.gd/3ojTn gfp '42™

    [See also RBC Ministries booklet "Why Is Life So Unfair" at http://is.gd/3oj7e]

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Sister! I think the more we grasp hold of His faithfulness regardless of our inadequacy, the more we will realize just how much His strength is perfected in our weakness. In other words, we MUST accept and even relish in our weakness in order to experience His strength working within us and in our lives.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooking a Kraft dinner is a failure? Oh, my, I am in GREAT trouble. I cannot tell you the number of times I tried to put my seven to bed without dinner (just forgot about it until they complained) or the number of times they have begged me NOT to cook because I am so terrible at cooking. My son once called my secretary and asked her to bake his birthday cake because he was afraid he was going to end up with one that I made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete