Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Capsizing your boat ....


I was singing along with Misty Edwards, this morning, in my car. The words to "All consuming fire!" were playing loud. At a certain part in the song, I found myself singing capsize us, not baptize us.

Call it what you will - a Freudian slip, my brain playing tricks or a simple slip of the tongue. I call it Holy Spirit speaking to my soul! He is placing His finger on a theme, over and over again in my life. And in lives around me. (See my wonderful friend's blog here)

We have heard, countless times, to jump out of the boat and into the river! I think there is something about that that Papa wants to go deeper with ... literally.

I believe He wants us IN the water. He IS the water, He's not ON the water waiting for us. He IS the water. Deep calls unto deep. Drinking Him in, breathing in Papa, being inside Him. Having Him all around us, swimming in He wondrous presence!

"How deep is your love for us?" - Misty Edwards

Let's not jump out of our boats ... Let's capsize them! Go deeper.

1 comment:

  1. i love the recklessness of captising the boat... awesomeness dear friend... awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete